Wednesday, November 3, 2010

YEAH, we got Photos People!!

Spoiler Alert!! If you are in the Twelve Days of Christmas Ornament Swap, Hide your eyes!
Spoiler Alert!! If you are in the Twelve Days of Christmas Ornament Swap, Hide your eyes!

Here is a picture of the assembly line, and yes, I had to make that many: Scroll down to see the rest of the completed ornament.






This is my contribution:
My ornament is a pair of silver plated trays, placed together to form a cavity in which I placed a couple of jingle bells. I am so excited that it makes music :) I sealed the turtledove image on the front, ringed it in gold paint, and added a ring of teal glass glitter. There is cotton trim sandwiched between the trays, and the jump rings at top and bottom are drilled through so it can hang from the dyed vintage ribbon at top and the chandelier hangs below. Wheeee, let's hope the silver will patina and it will beautify with age :)
And the back: glittery poinsettias of course.

This one's a bit fuzzy but it was hard to see the gold paint on the silver tray through the lens, so this was the best angle.
I'd love to know what you think! Jami

3 comments:

  1. Oh, and I think you know where the turtle dove image came from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This ornament is beautiful...such attention to detail...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I loved the design process. Birds are such a pretty image to work with. Gotta go, still have three swaps to finish! :)

    ReplyDelete